Thoughts, ideas, bitching and bragging about World of Warcraft, raid and guild leading, and whatever else comes to mind...filled with the things Lark wants to say to her guild but probably shouldn't.
At least not to all of them. Not yet anyways....

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Seeing Red

It’s been a week filled with a wide range of emotions about my little guild but the biggest ones right now are fury and disappointment.

We have added some new people I have high hopes for and some veterans have shown some remarkable improvement over which I’m thrilled. At the same time we “lost” three members - two of which were healers and one was an OT - and while losing raiders always causes some concern it was the way we lost them that makes it weird, aggravating and, frankly has me angry as hell at one of them.

We have chat filled with innuendo, blue humor, and wild flirtations in guild. We are a guild of adults after all and don’t choose to censor language or content unless it goes way beyond what could even remotely be considered acceptable. We lost one healer because he was told he needed to behave less like a pervert - particularly in front of new people who don’t have the history with him to know if he’s joking or not - and he responded that he is a normal, mild-mannered man in RL and he plays this game to be “who he wants to be”...which made him 1000x more creepy.

The other healer (who took with her a very whipped OT husband) decided I was “mean” and refused to run an ICC 10 unless the group was exactly how she wanted it. I’m sorry but:

A. The officers and I strongly feel we need to make a temporary change to the 10s to further progression for the benefit of the guild and 25 man progression

B. If you have already made it known that you are available and want to run a 10 man don’t refuse to run with the other 8 people unless you get your way - ultimatums don’t work in your favor with me

C. Whatever you do, if you are one of the best geared people in the guild who has received a significant amount of 25 man loot, don’t tell me you don’t want to run with new people in “your” group because they might take “your” loot - I have very little tolerance for loot whores

To top it all off the psycho bitch then decided to slam my character, skills and personality on the server forums - using the guild’s recruitment post no less! - and, because we don’t do public drama, I am limited in how I can respond. You want to leave the guild then good luck to you and have fun but there’s no reason to slander anyone in the process. I’m floored that my “friends” in game aren’t more upset about what she said and are trying to “not take sides”. Maybe that’s unfair but it stings that they would still socialize with someone who behaved like such am evil lying bitch publically.

However, because I’m not the unprincipled bitch she is, what we will do is kill a new boss tonight. We have a new healer to break in that joined last night! I’m completely confident that if we have largely the same group as last night we will down the Blood Princes and have a fun night. Lots of tension is gone without creepy guy and very few people will miss the other two due to their arrogance and elitism (and delusional belief that they are as good as they think they are).

On a side note, I was reading I Like Bubbles post about rage on February 4 and felt better I wasn’t the only one struggling with fine line between having a backbone and letting the raiders run rampant!

No comments:

Post a Comment