Thoughts, ideas, bitching and bragging about World of Warcraft, raid and guild leading, and whatever else comes to mind...filled with the things Lark wants to say to her guild but probably shouldn't.
At least not to all of them. Not yet anyways....

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Did You Say Something...?

Quit your whining.

I’ve told you all repeatedly that I’m bad at answering tells and don’t always read raid/guild/officer chat and to say something in vent if you want my attention. Unless you’ve been a GM and/or RL - or both at the same time like me - you have no freaking idea what my screen looks like most days. So let me help you out. Here are a few of the (MANY!!!) reasons I may not answer you thereby ensuring your feelings are hurt, you feel neglected, and you go all emo for the next four hours:

I’m tabbed out….

* Doing raid research

* Looking up potential recruits

* Checking to see if you enchanted/gemmed the gear you got since historically you’ve been a slacker when it comes to that

* Reading blogs so I can remember I’m not the only one being slowly driven mad by my guild

* Anything else that makes me happy and it’s none of your business


I have 13 other people whispering me at the time…

* “Can I buy _______ out of the gbank?”

* “Is your guild recruiting?”

* “Why didn’t I get X piece of loot when I’ve been here longer/show up more/am cuter and therefore more deserving?”

* “So-and-so is being mean/offensive/ignoring me.”

* “Why am I on standby when I’m the best DPS ever/best healer ever/only missed 3 days last week/feeling punished for no reason?”


I’m not reading…

* /Gchat because you all were talking about cars/sex/your epeen/nonsense and I don’t care

* /Officer chat because you were bickering/insulting me/bitching/talking nonsense/arguing

* /Raid chat because your emotes have pushed aside anything that may have been important/you’re bragging about your DPS or heals/you’re talking about nonsense that has nothing to do with the raid

* Anything at all because I’m buried in all of the above and just truly missed it


And you can fully expect me to truly be ignoring any of the following…

* “What time are we raiding?” - It never changes…are you really asking this?

* “Are we raiding?” - Is it a raid night?

* “What are we raiding?” - You know I don’t announce this ahead of time and, duh, it’s probably ICC 25 unless it’s Saturday and, Dumbass, it doesn’t matter as you should be here for anything we raid.

* “What are you wearing?” - ‘Nough said.

* Absolutely anything I choose that is not raid related when I have /DND Raid Time up. Seriously, did you think that didn’t mean you?


So stop complaining, grab my attention in vent, and get over it. Unless you’re a masochist and like feeling abused in which case keep doing what you’re doing. And I will keep not seeing your comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment