Thoughts, ideas, bitching and bragging about World of Warcraft, raid and guild leading, and whatever else comes to mind...filled with the things Lark wants to say to her guild but probably shouldn't.
At least not to all of them. Not yet anyways....

Friday, October 15, 2010

Stupid Awards of the Week

The But There’s a Tree for It Award of the Week goes to…

/drumroll

The mage who informed me that Frost is a viable raiding spec.
He went fire again very shortly after that statement.


The Nerd Raging Loot Whore Award of the Week goes to…

/drumroll

The ret pally who showed up to raid in holy gear/spec and then decided to heal without telling me despite the fact that he was A. in the DPS group, B. not listed when I named the healers for the night, C. not needed as a healer, and D. had never healed in any raid I’d ever run and given his lackluster performance as DPS would not have been asked to heal. He then proceeded to roll on a healing ring against MS healers and nerd rage when he won the roll and didn’t get the ring….because it was his OS. He stated that he didn’t need anything for his ret set and that’s why he was healing - for the gear. I replaced him and he /gquit. I should have kicked him one of the many other times he showed up on the Stupid Awards. /Sigh.


The What’s Aggro? Award of the Week goes to…

/drumroll

The lock that died. That died a lot. The lock who died a lot because he didn’t listen to the tank clarify the aggro changes. (**edit: I was just reminded this need to be co-awarded to a certain chicken!)


The Hiding from the GM Award of the Week goes to…

/drumroll

The priest who has not logged on his toons since I told him I wanted to speak with him. I guess he knows he’s in trouble...like I’m going to forget if he hides for a few days. Pfft.


The Illiteracy Sucks Award of the Week goes to…

/drumroll

Everyone who whispered me, cornered me in vent, or sent me ingame mail asking what our plans were for Cataclysm after the post went up on our forums, my blog, and was the sole subject of the guild’s message of the day. You make me want to redirect all my energy into reading programs for nerds.


The Illiteracy Sucks MOAR Award of the Week goes to…

/drumroll

Everyone who did not do their homework on what the patch did and now has stupid questions they should know the answer to and proceeds to announce their slackiness to the world in gchat and trade chat.

3 comments:

  1. On those last 2, maybe you should give non-stupid awards for those that did do their homework and communicate properly. My assumption is it would lead to less metal spent on trophies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, sad but true. At least the ones in my guild don't advertise their lack of preparedness in trade chat.


    The ones that did do their homework are certainly showing it on Recount!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same Anon as beforeOctober 18, 2010 at 3:46 AM

    That's one of the biggest problems I have with most players, is when they don't do the simple research on their class. It's one reason I can't wait for the next expansion to hit - it will be very easy to differentiate those healers who know how to stack & spam vs. those who actually know how to heal.

    ReplyDelete