Thoughts, ideas, bitching and bragging about World of Warcraft, raid and guild leading, and whatever else comes to mind...filled with the things Lark wants to say to her guild but probably shouldn't.
At least not to all of them. Not yet anyways....

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Raider Black Hole


I’ve been a bit lax in posting lately because the only thing on my mind has been attendance. And you know what that means don’t you? Yes, indeed, another bitching post!

So here it is! The most annoying attendance issues I can think of:

New recruits that swear up and down that they will be here every raid night without fail. No matter what. Every night. And then they don’t show up for the first week…I have no idea where they are. They are about to be guildless though.

New recruits that show up and don’t get a piece of loot they want - despite the fact that they haven’t been here long enough to earn it and know about the trial period of no shiny pixels - and won’t raid for days. They are also about to be guildless.

Raiders who disappear with no word for days/weeks on end. Unless you are in a coma or in jail you can at least log on and shoot me an in-game mail or get on our website and send an email.

People that actually go to the trouble of signing up on the calendar…and then they don’t show up.

People who won’t accept or decline the calendar invite but instead choose “tentative” for every raid night. How is it you are only tentatively going to be here? You said you could raid those nights...help me understand.

Raiders who use any one (or more) of the following excuses more than once every two months:


I fell asleep
I was too drunk
Wife/GF/BF/Husband aggro
I was bleeding on my keyboard
I lost my authenticator
I was grounded
I didn’t feel like raiding
The power went out (and yet strangely you updated Facebook at that time…)

Emo excuses of any kind, don't care, over it, pop a Xanax and get on your damn toon.

There’s more I’m sure…heard any good/bad ones lately?


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I absolutely agree! I think you forgot "I forgot." I have had that SOOO many times! or "You forgot to tell me we were raiding." Helloooo, you know, when you *accept* the invite, it tells me that you are intelligent enough to remember that you signed up! lol

    Good post :)

    ReplyDelete