Thoughts, ideas, bitching and bragging about World of Warcraft, raid and guild leading, and whatever else comes to mind...filled with the things Lark wants to say to her guild but probably shouldn't.
At least not to all of them. Not yet anyways....

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy errr....Belated New Years!

So, yes, we cleared the first wing of ICC, got through the holidays, and now we have three new bosses to contend with. (And, let me just say, Blizzard, REALLY?!?!? You're nerfing Deathwhisper NOW???!! That totally sucks for those of us who actually got it. : ( )

We blew through the first wing of ICC tonight and got in a few attempts at Festergut which wasn't bad....particularly considering we had a drunk shadow priest talking in vent and an officer who nerd-rage quit in the middle of the run.


So here's my rant for the week: Seriously, if you are an officer in a guild do you not owe them the courtesy of telling them you are not happy with the way things are going BEFORE you nerd-rage quit in the middle of raid!?!?


This same (former) officer whispered me once he quit and accused me of not giving him loot...let me be clear, our loot policies are posted on the website and discussed indepth in every interview. When he nerd-rage quit it was over our yet undecided decision about what to do with Shadowfrost Shards (which no one is sure drops for one on the quest or all) and a pair of legs that another ranking member won. What he fails to realize is, when we said he left for "loot reasons", the vast majority of the people said, "But, wait! He got the trinket off of Sarthang 25 last week!"


This former officer has been one of those people who persist in seeing the negative and feeding it week over week. Was I surprised that he g-quit, not really, was I surprised that he quit without trying to make my life miserable, yes.


One of the accusations he made to me in whispers once he quit was that I am a control-freak. Well, yeah, not gonna argue there....I run a successful raiding guild on a server that doesn't cater to that. I have a few great officers who will help me with the day-to-day and other things like recruiting but a few other officers who are here less than I would like. Mostly, in a guild like this, on a server like this, someone has to be "the boss" and it has to be me. I started it so I signed up willingly....despite the days when I wonder what the hell I was thinking.


I'm finding that there is no surer way to create an emo-raider then to make them an officer....I'd love to hear other opinions! The reality is, we raid to progress, therefore we gear to progress, therefore we gear the raiders we need to gear in order to progess...any questions?


And, when I'm done complaining about nerd-raging, emo-quitting officers I may move on to either "Raiding and the Couple: Why Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, and Raiding Couples Are from Hell!" or have you met Mr. Wow? The one who knows everything about everything and absolutely knows more than you do about whatever it is you are talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment