Thoughts, ideas, bitching and bragging about World of Warcraft, raid and guild leading, and whatever else comes to mind...filled with the things Lark wants to say to her guild but probably shouldn't.
At least not to all of them. Not yet anyways....

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Things That Make Me Want to Kick a Gnome

I haven’t had a really good bitching post in ages. Blame the 10s we were doing; there’s much less to bitch about in 10s overall. Lucky for readers though we are in full 25 man mode again!



10 Things That Make Me Want to Kick a Gnome

1. Being physically present while mentally absent during boss assignments. (You were here…you were typing in raid chat…you hit “yes” to the ready check asking if you were here…WHY are you asking 2 seconds before the pull what you are supposed to do?!?!!?)

2. Random D/Cs, lag, storms, bad PCs, bad routers, dead mics, etc. (Yes, I know a bunch of it is beyond your control but it still pisses me off.)

3. Feather whores. Bird boss: rogues first x 3 each, healers next x 1 each, THEN THE DAMN FEATHER WHORES OF DPS x 1 each. (Don’t make me call your name again….seriously, don’t.)

4. Doubting my decisions regarding additions to the raid team…fed by main/main spec change requests and really, really dumb questions in vent and gchat.

5. Daggers. They were nonexistent in Wrath and now the damn things drop every week. They make lovely shards though.

6. Asking any of the following questions on a Raid Day:
a. Are we raiding today? (Is it a Raid Day?)
b. What time are we raiding? (What time do we always raid?)
c. Can I bring my alt? (Are you high?)

7. Raiders that stand in bad. Firelands is full of traps, fire, more fire, fire from volcanoes, fire from birds, fire in circles, swaths, patches and lynxes. Did I mention fire?


8. Long drawn out wipes. If we call for a wipe go stand in fire. It is the only time I will praise you for the behavior you so very much love.

9. Random moments brought to you by the Stupid Debuff. Mistakes happen. The trouble is if every person in the raid makes one mistake per boss that results in us not killing the boss and you multiply that by 25… /headdesk


10. Raiders that don’t show up randomly, raiders that are late, raiders that leave early. (Kill me now.)




And now for a change!

Things I love:

1. My officers…they really are the best. I’m pretty damn lucky to have a group as dedicated and focused as they are. They really make my life much easier!

2. So very many of our raiders who do a damn good job, accept being sat graciously, and are really invested in the overall success of the guild as a whole.

3. Beth’liac…for finally dropping my tanky weapon!

No comments:

Post a Comment