Thoughts, ideas, bitching and bragging about World of Warcraft, raid and guild leading, and whatever else comes to mind...filled with the things Lark wants to say to her guild but probably shouldn't.
At least not to all of them. Not yet anyways....

Friday, July 2, 2010

Sanity Check, Please?

As I mentioned not long ago we started a second 25 man ICC 25. Okay, the thought process behind starting a second 25 man group went something like this:

We merge with another guild that brings 12 new raiders over - mostly extremely competent, well-geared, experienced raiders.

This means that we now have 12 of our established raiders with no raid spots - about half of whom are solid and half of whom don’t belong in progression as much as I may like them.

So, do we sub in and out in raids to a ridiculous degree slowing everything down? Neglect the raiders and see them leave (and trust me, there’s no where good for them to go on this server)? Or do we start a second 25 man team to give them a place to work on gear, skill up and potentially earn a spot in the main run? You guessed it. We started the second 25.

So then, we run the second 25 with about 16 mains and the rest alts. We get another 9 people from another server for that group so - theoretically - we have 25 mains to run. Theoretically. Because you know what happens right….? That’s right, real life stuff and D/Cs happen so back in come the alts.

Now the folks that play the alts don’t want to run in the second 25 and want their own 25 man alt run because in the second 25 mains get priority for gear (I know, duh, right?).

So here we are on the third week of doing the second 25 and it’s an hour before invites go out. I have 23 mains accepted on the calendar, a bunch that chose tentative and the lazy bastards who can’t be bothered to look at the calendar and let us know what they are doing. And I’m wondering who is going to show up.

Seriously, what was I thinking?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I will share what I am thinking. Thank gosh you are GM and not me! :P

    In all seriousness of course I wish we could have attendance up every night so that there is always something going on but it seems people all have to have a real life at some points.

    I think our GM is the one without an outside life most of the time, since she plays her other toons (hiding) as a relaxing break (inside the game yet from the game). Unfortunately I'm not available some of these nights since it would be nice to send lark into the real world occasionally.

    ReplyDelete