Thoughts, ideas, bitching and bragging about World of Warcraft, raid and guild leading, and whatever else comes to mind...filled with the things Lark wants to say to her guild but probably shouldn't.
At least not to all of them. Not yet anyways....

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Buy Q-Tips

Dear Guildies,


Clearly that is a gap between what I am saying and what you are hearing. I’m unclear where the misunderstanding lies…I don’t have an accent, I don’t stutter, my mic works, the officers hear me very well and you do too when it’s time for loot.

When I state very clearly at the beginning of raid that we are working on progression fights and will be basing the raid group on what we think is the best combination of specs, skill, raid awareness and experience this is NOT your cue to whisper me to tell me what loot you need and why you should be in on the off chance it drops. This is NOT your cue to whisper me and tell me that Bertha wants in and you’re happy to sit for her even though Bertha is not half the player you are and has not earned the spot. This is NOT your cue to tell me that you’d really like to DPS instead of heal because you’ve dying to see what you can do on this boss. During progression I don’t care what you need or want from a boss or care about stroking your fragile little ego. I care about one thing: Dead Boss.

When I repeat multiple times during your interview - MULTIPLE TIMES - that recruiting is closed for the main Tues/Wed 25, you WILL NOT be in it, you will ONLY be considered for the Friday casual/alt run and then ask you if that interests you, make you sleep on it, repeat said conditions again the next day how does it happen that you ask me on Tuesday if you will be in raid tonight? Short of coming to your house, dragging you out and down the street to the tattoo parlor and having them engrave it on your forearm I don’t really understand how I could be clearer.

When I say in gchat, vent and the message of the day that we will either be doing RS25 or ICC 10s on Thursday why do you whisper me asking what we are doing on Thursday? Does no one read the MOD? Or Gchat? Or listen in vent? This is almost as bad as when we start our main ICC 25 which has the same people by and large every week, put the tanks in group one where they always are, mark them as tanks in the raid frames and you ask me who the tanks are. /facepalm

Check the batteries in your hearing aids, turn down the Eminem, pay attention.


Much love,


Your Annoyed GM

3 comments:

  1. try humming "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" each time somebody does something like that. In the beginning you can add "and on his farm he *add whatever bugs you*" ... works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find some q-tips that work on your raiders, please let me know because I need some badly!

    We get the same thing. Long time raiders asking what we're raiding (hey, it's on the calendar), where we're heading (when the rest of the guild is already at Wyrmrest) and what spec they should be using (hey, you're in group 5 with all the other healers, but no, you're ret for tonight).

    It's not that everybody does it, but there are the few that really just drive an officer/RL right up the wall. They are unique snowflakes, what they want is what they'll do, regardless of the impact it makes upon the raid as a whole.

    Imagine my surprise one day to find my elemental shaman had suddenly, without word, specced enhance, and we had no ele shammy left at all. Ah, but we did have 3 enhancements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, lol. You have to love the mysterious spec changes. Let's see you play tree and chicken about evenly in raids...what do you mean your off-spec is bear now?!

    ReplyDelete