Thoughts, ideas, bitching and bragging about World of Warcraft, raid and guild leading, and whatever else comes to mind...filled with the things Lark wants to say to her guild but probably shouldn't.
At least not to all of them. Not yet anyways....

Monday, August 16, 2010

WTB a Guild Secretary

So I’m back to balancing work and WoW, have been for a few weeks now, and while the paycheck is both welcome and necessary I’m definitely feeling the impact of less time with my guild.

Here’s my question: Do other GMs and raid leaders out there find that when they are not around things just don’t get done?

The second 25 man group hasn’t run in two weeks because I worked on both Fridays. There were people all set to run it and others to help make it happen. Didn’t happen. Some of it may have been people on vacation, I know another officer recently started a new job also, we may have saved too many to our main 25 but still…. With the number of geared 80 alts in this guild I find it hard to believe we couldn’t have managed it all. Is my proactive nagging really that necessary?

The bank is also a mess. Access is limited but others could certainly move things around or remove one or two of the 74 blacksmithing hammers one delightful raider decided to put in there. I’m also not seeing the gold that should be deposited for flasks and whatnot - partly because the log is eaten so fast due to grepairs - and I’d like to think someone is keeping an eye on it other than me but….

And then there’re the daily little soap operas. I’m pretty sure I don’t know the half of what’s going on right now and that there’s no one keeping up on them so they can tell me before chaos breaks out.

Don’t get me started on the applications that are pending. Just don’t ask. Really. Don’t.

Is it just me? Does anyone have a solution? Can I hire a secretary?

1 comment:

  1. Here I am digging up old necro posts, but for our guild, we have an officer dedicated solely to keeping up with the bank. She's thankfully of the OCD type, so it's quite marvelous. My hubby, also, is the same, so everything is color coordinated and stuff. Do you have someone like that, who can be trusted?

    We also quickly learned to restrict deposits and withdrawals solely to officers. We had too many idiots throwing in Peacebloom, Copper Ore, Light Feathers, Coarse Stones, crappy green gems already cut, low-level food... No matter how much we explained "This is a raiding guild bank, not a leveling or casual bank, ONLY RAID MATS APPLY", they still treated it as their personal space to dump their cheap crap. So we locked it all up, and donations and withdrawals are done through officers.

    It's a pain, but it has to be done. :(

    If you want a secretary, I can loan you my hubby. He's good at walking into a bank and making it stand to crisp attention.

    As for apps... You remind me of an app I got the other week! This guy was keen on applying, but completely ignored the pretty template and guide and instead posted: "Hi, I'm X and I'm 16. I'd like to join. I'm a great raider. Thank you!"

    Sometimes I find myself struggling for tact. >.>

    ReplyDelete